October came in with a FURYYYY, didn’t it?! I mean the raining, the dark skies and the uh, hurricane warnings?! It’s definitely fall in Virginia, we can’t fight it anymore! There are ways to help make the transition to this cooler weather a little more enjoyable. Here are some ideas!
- Closet Rotation/Organization: There’s no point in sifting through all the summer clothes you can’t wear anymore. Find a few hours this month to do some closet reorganization. Put away your summer shorts and dresses, and make some room for all your light sweaters and fall inspired outfits. I enjoyed getting out my fall wardrobe and rediscovering some nice purchases I made this time last year.
- Donate and Recycle: It’s also a great time to make a bag for donations. If it’s too big, too small, no longer your style, or you haven’t worn it in a year, it’s probably time to donate. The kids clothes will also need a donation pile, as they grow out of everything so fast!
- Make a Purchase List: Once you’re Fall/Winter closet is newly organized, you can see what you need to invest in (rainboots anyone? new sneaks for the kids?)
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch: I still remember the first time I went with Diego. It was just so fun! We’ve visited a few times since then and I’m definitely planning to visit with my tribe again.
- Join a Dance, Fitness or Martial Arts Class: If you follow me on Instagram (@Love_AnaB) or Snapchat (AnaMetLeno), you’ll know how much I just love Zumba. I mean, latin music and a great workout?! I LOVE IT! Pablo and I also joined a Krav Maga self defense class together. It’s a great way to learn a new skill as a couple, all the while doing something physically active.
- Decorate for Fall: You can do it yourself, or buy it at Target, but a few Fall inspired pieces to decorate your home will make the transition more enjoyable. A few easy favorites of mine are pumpkin spice candles, a fall wreath for the door, and white or decorative pumpkins for the kitchen table.
- Get Your Baking On! I’m planning on trying these Pumpkin Protein Muffins for a healthier alternative.
Wishing you a fantastic October <3.
Sweater, booties and MK Bag: Ross
Jeans: J Brand/Nordstrom Rack
Nail Color: OPI Muir Muir on the Wall
Bracelets: Alex and Ani